Please, No Trespassing

I never thought I’d be the kind of homeowner that would have a No Trespassing sign but it looks like we will already need one.

On our second trip to our house (with all the cleaning supplies and such) we pull up our driveway to find…another car there! Our first thought was maybe it was one of the realtors but we didn’t recognize the car. We called out as we walked around but nobody was here.

Someone had parked their car in our driveway, just to park it. We were both pretty ticked off but we went about the rest of our day. As I was taping around the windows and dancing to that Temperature song I realized I was worried whomever left their car would come back and see me dancing through the window. That’s when I realized why people find it so important to keep their property private.

I want my privacy dammit! I don’t think that is too much to ask.

Update: More than 24 hours it’s still there.  If it’s still there by Monday I’m going to the police station to have it towed.

1. Amber

July 1, 2006 at 8:39 am

I would be pissed….you need some of those big orange stickers that they put when you park in a wrong area….lol….big orange rectangle so everyone can see they parked where they shouldn’t have….lol….and those are a bitch to take off….lol

July 1, 2006 at 8:43 am

The really crazy part of this is we’re way WAY out of the way. That’s one of the things I liked most about the house, how private it seemed. We’re in a culdisac and there is NO reason anyone would park in our driveway.

The lake itself is a good 10 minute walk but to even go on it you need a permit and you can only have that if YOU LIVE HERE so why would someone park there? If you want to go hiking it’s an even farther walk, so that doesn’t make sense either.

I’m sure they figured nobody lived there so they just figured they could use it but I don’t understand what they could have been doing here :dunno:

3. Leanne

July 1, 2006 at 9:21 am

You know, I want your smilies. The whole dang set. They’re so cute!!

I would be putting up a sign, too. I told my hubby just lastnight that I’d love to call the cops on our neighbor to have their car towed – they seem to be allergic to their freakin driveway. Like I want to see their hunk of metal when I look for hummingbirds out my front window. What is WRONG with people? I swear. No one has any thought about other people’s property anymore.

Since you’re “new” there, you might just get away with that yellow “DO NOT CROSS” tape draped around your yard until you feel a sense of privacy. (:razz:)

July 1, 2006 at 9:25 am

I can send you my smilie pack, I think, if I still have it on my desktop :dunno:

I’m going to look into just getting a sign, at least while we haven’t moved in yet and there is still a for sale sign up.

5. Heather B

July 1, 2006 at 3:48 pm

I would be very pissed off as well. Yep I guess you need a NO TRESPASSING sign…man that sucks

July 1, 2006 at 6:40 pm

Still there, ok tomorrow we go to the police station.

7. Blueyes

July 1, 2006 at 11:16 pm

Oh this is a topic that irks me to no end. I can’t stand it when people park in my place and it keeps happening everywhere I go. I did call the cops one time on some teenager who blocked the entire driveway and a neighbor knew her father who they called and he came to move the care himself. I soo would have called the cops to have it towed by now because they know it’s not their property.

July 2, 2006 at 7:43 am

The only reason we haven’t done it yet is we just haven’t had the opportunity…we’ll go today. I so don’t need this shit.