Packing Begins

Ever since our last move in April (yes only about a year ago) I dreaded already having to move again but luckily this time it’s to a house and not another apartment.

As usual I started with books, pictures and other miscellaneous things around the house. Basically things that we don’t need to make it through the next few weeks.

I really need to get cracking on clothes, I’ve held onto so much stuff and I think it’s time to let a lot of it go. I don’t want to have to use all our storage for crates of clothes, it’s ridiculous. I have a favorite small pair of jeans I can’t get rid of but I’m going to get serious about it.

I also have a lot of beauty products I need to toss but there is just so much. What posessed me to buy all that crap? I don’t even want to know how much I spend at CVS every year :twitchy:

I’m just glad we have until the end of July to move everything out, it takes a lot of the pressure off.

I was also thinking the other day about how I think I’ve been moving at least once a year since I went off to college 10 years ago, that’s a lot of fucking moving if you ask me. Still, nothing is worse than trying to move into a dorm while hundreds of other kids are also trying to move in. I’m just glad I don’t have to carry boxes up 7 flights of stairs again.

So we just attack it one day at a time and do the best we can. Unless any of you want to help? :tongue:

1. T.

June 16, 2006 at 10:59 am

Good luck with the moving! It won’t be so bad cause you’re exited about the new place. It’s always better when you’re moving to a great new location and not another apartment.

June 16, 2006 at 11:00 am

T – That is a really good point. This is probably the most exciting move of my life :hyper:

3. Heather B

June 16, 2006 at 1:01 pm

I need to get packing my self….

June 16, 2006 at 2:39 pm

It’s really tough to get started. The clothes I think are what is most daunting to me.

5. Chris

June 16, 2006 at 3:07 pm

Well, like you, I have moved about a gazillion times in my life, so we’re probably a couple of old pro’s at the moving thing.
    My advice (not that you asked for it) is to just pull everything out of the wardrobes and cupboards. That way you have to sort it out, otherwise you’ll never see the floor again. Or if it’s too much, one section/drawer/cupboard at a time.
    My boss asked me today if I was wearing a new top, and I said no, but that in moving house, I had managed to find a whole load of clothes that I haven’t worn for ages. It’s all good!

June 16, 2006 at 3:09 pm

Chris – too funny :lmao: I’ve found clothes too but unfortunately some still don’t fit but hopefully that will change soon :fingerscrossed:

That is a good idea but we’re going to have to attack one area at a time because it’s just so overwhelming. I’ve been working on the livingroom as far as the bookcases and such are concerned…it’s one of the easiest rooms.

7. Krayzee Chickadee

June 17, 2006 at 10:38 pm

I’d help ya if I lived a wee bit closer!