Loving the Unpopular

I’ve always liked the characters on television that nobody else liked. Maybe I just liked the characters because nobody else liked them, who knows.

I just read this interesting this article on the 13 Memorably Unpopular Characters on Television and of course some of my favorites are listed.

Was I suprised to find Ross and Brenda on the list? Not at all but I couldn’t help but feel a little sad about.

Yeah Ross could be annoying but he had some of the funniest moments. He did the best physical comedy on the show as far as I’m concerned. Right off the top of my head I think of the leather pants, when was drugged up on pain killers at his grandma’s funeral or even the time he played “Celebration” on the bagpipes :lmao:

Brenda could be a total bitch but she was also the more real character on the show. I liked Brenda because I could relate to her and I wanted to be more of a bitch like her. Hell she was playing a teenage girl thrown into a Beverly Hills high school, you’d be a bitch too :flipa:

The rest I pretty much agree with, like Erkel and that annoying brat from the Brady Bunch.

I guess I’m just glad Noel wasn’t on the list but I don’t know if the show was popular enough for him to be disliked that much.

1. Chris

June 14, 2006 at 12:02 pm

My most favourite ever Ross moment was when they were lifting the sofa up the stairs to his apartment and he was shouting “Pivot! Pivot! PIVOT!” at the others. Cracks me up just thinking about it.

June 14, 2006 at 12:03 pm

Yes! Another great moment!

3. J.D.

June 14, 2006 at 12:34 pm

I like when Ross and Chandler went and stayed at the bed & breakfast, and Ross was strung out on maple candy, LoL. That was awesome.

June 14, 2006 at 12:35 pm

Ross certainly does a good strung out impression.

5. Chase

June 14, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Oooh, favorite Ross moments! I love when he went to the tanning salon. And when he whitened his teeth.

But the best? When he played the keyboards (the “sound’) at Central Perk and he was sooooo bad. “Infinite time time time time…..” HAHAH!!

June 15, 2006 at 6:39 am

Chase – :lmao: yes those are good ones…there are so many.

I think some of my favorites though were little moments in the earlier years. Like when he took too much pain medicine at his grandma’s funeral (because he’d previously fallen into a grave). Rachel was sitting next to a stoned out Ross and said “do you know who I love the most” and Ross pouted “no” and she said “You!” Then he had a funny look on his face and was like a 5 year old “I don’t GET it!” and passes out on her lap.
    :cheesy: