The Curse of My Breasts

I had a breast reduction at age 15 and it was not an easy thing to go through. It was the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced and at such a complicated age this made life that much tougher.

I remember coming to school after my surgery (2 weeks of healing of course) and I felt like a freak. At the time all my friends and boyfriend were on a band trip so I had almost no friends to lean on. I did however get through it and it is still to this day the best decision I ever made.

At age 15 having size DDD breasts is uncomfortable and awkward every single second of the day. When in public I always felt like people were staring at me and at home I couldn’t sleep without a bra on because it would cause so much pain. Hell I couldn’t do Colorguard without wearing an entire leotard to strap them down.

Now because of gaining some weight again I’m up to a DD and I’m so disappointed in myself.  Without my bra on my breasts ache and with my bra on the wire now digs into my rib cage.  I go to try clothes on and many of the cute stuff don’t fit me because of my breasts.  I feel like I’m in high school again.

1. Amber

June 7, 2006 at 9:58 am

Now I know how you feel about the bra problem…just having a baby and NOT breast feeding I am in a lot of pain…..the first couple of days I just wanted to cry….now I wish for just a day I had your problem because of the size though….I was always made fun of because I was so small…after this baby I was hoping they would stay..but of course not…they are already going away….darn it!

June 7, 2006 at 10:03 am

Yeah I honestly don’t know what it’s like to be teased for small breasts, seems like a silly thing to tease someone for if you ask me but teasing someone because of big ones is silly too. I guess kids just find something you will be sensitive about and jump on it. After my surgery and when I lost a lot of weight I went down to a B…how I loved that! I could wear a shirt in public without a bra! Although I was 17 😀 Big breasts though have been a curse for me…in one way I love them and think they are sexy but they are just more trouble than they are worth. If they get any bigger I’m going to have to carry them around in a wheel barrel :fit:

3. T.

June 7, 2006 at 12:54 pm

I was a DD throughout high school. I had two kids, nursed them both, and I’m a C now. I feel sooooo much better. I know what’s it’s like to lose a couple of sizes and feel better. I can’t imagine going back up to a DD. I would jump off a tall building.

June 7, 2006 at 12:58 pm

Lucky.

I do want to jump off a tall building :fit:

5. Brian

June 8, 2006 at 11:49 am

Is there no end to the tyranic rule of Robin’s breasts?!?

I sure hope not 😉

6. Brian

June 8, 2006 at 12:38 pm

I’m sorry. I know it’s wrong, but I find a small part of me still routing your breasts on behind your back.

“C’mon guys, you can do it! She’s not looking, just a couple more inches…”

You know, if that picture wasn’t up there, I probably wouldn’t be nearly as fond of them :cheesy:

June 8, 2006 at 12:41 pm

Trust me, Erik feels the SAME way :dunno:

8. Cinthia

June 8, 2006 at 1:02 pm

Being on the opposite side of the spectrum I’ve never really looked at it from that angle before. I imagine it’s got to be even harder for large-breasted women than it is for flat-chested women. We, flat-chested women, may suffer the stigma of ridicule and put-downs, too, but we don’t go through the physical pain you describe.

I feel your pain, though, and hope that one day you can get down to the size you’re comfortable with! All the best!

June 8, 2006 at 1:09 pm

Cynthia – Thanks. I’d much rather be able to hide than stand out and you can’t help but stand out with big breasts. Although they do have their advantages and I’m not quite suffering like I did at 15 but it’s just frustrating.

10. Krayzee Chickadee

June 10, 2006 at 11:23 am

I remember when you had that done. I really need to get myself into gear & shape up.