The Letter S

Lisa gave me the letter S to do so here we go:

Sushi – Over the past year or so I’ve grown to really like sushi although I don’t think I’ve truly experienced it yet. I only eat California rolls but I love them :thumbsup:

Stepmom – Became a very real word to me when I fell in love with a guy who has a child but it never materialized since she’s not a part of his life (complicated) but the concept of being a stepmother is still a very person thing to me. I’ve met so many strong women over the years who struggle everyday to be a good stepmother and I truly think it’s one of the hardest jobs in the world with the least respect.

Shopping – I love shopping. It can be clothes shopping or just a short trip to CVS for fun things like makeup and hair products. I always want to shop most when I have the least money or just in a bad mood…those are the worst times to go to Target. I’ve gotten better though, I used to spend nearly $100 in a trip to Target when I was single :dunno:

Singing – The only singing I do anymore is in my car and that’s always safe. I used to love the idea of singing so much that I’d keep trying out for things in high school and I almost never got in. I’ve always been told I have a good voice but I’m too quiet and too scared.

Sensitive – I’ve always been very sensitive but thank goodness I don’t cry if someone doesn’t like my hair now. The littlest thing used to bring me to tears and to this day my sensitivity can really drive people crazy. Things hit me harder and sharper than the average person. Most of the time I really hate it because it makes me feel week but on the other hand I think people like how understanding it makes me.

SoCo – My freshman year in college SoCo or Southern Comfort was my shot of choice. I’d gotten so good at doing this shot that I started to not even need a chaser with it. I’ve tried to do a shot of this in the past few years and I honestly don’t know what possessed me to drink that stuff…it’s just awful!

Sexy – Until recently I’ve felt sexy for as long as I can remember. I felt sexy even when I was probably too young to feel sexy, not in a crude way but I liked wearing shirts off my shoulders and dancing like Madonna. I’ve always thrived off of sexiness and at times it’s even been a control I’ve had. I’ve never thought I was particularly stunning but I’d always thought I was sexy.

Serenading – Ever since I was little I’d wanted to be serenaded. Who watched Lloyd play “In Your Eyes” to Diane and not want that for themselves one day. I can cross that off my list, I was serenaded. He’s very much a Lloyd, if you watch that movie it’s classic Erik. One day when we were still trying to play down our relationship I left a party we were at and tried to leave without being obvious. Erik ran out of the house, up to my car where I was standing and gave me the most passionate kiss of my life. To know Erik is to love Erik. I know Erik :heartbeat:

Scars – I have quite a few physical and emotional scars. After my breast reduction at age 15 I have significant scars around my breasts and it took me a long time to feel comfortable with them. I’ve been told they are almost unnoticeable but of course it was more than a decade ago. I will say that surgery was the most painful thing I’ve ever gone through and I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I hadn’t gotten it.

Seat Belts – I never used to wear them, I refused. I have to admit I was so depressed for so long that I didn’t care about my life enough to wear one. In some way I hoped that it would cause my life to end one day. I now wear a seat belt every time I get in the car (even when I’m not driving) and have worn one for years now. I care about my life now and want a future.

——————

If you want to do this meme just respond with a comment and ask me to assign you a letter.

1. crystal

June 5, 2006 at 9:26 am

oooh! I’ll take a letter :yipee:

2. Heather B

June 5, 2006 at 11:23 am

I LOVE SUSHI and i’m not talking about California rolls. I don’t think those should even be classified as Sushi lol. Where I live there is one three different type of resturaunts on each block. Indian, Thai, and Japanese (Sushi. I LOVE it

Here in california and I thought it was everywhere by now it’s also against the law to be in a car w/o your seat belt on.

And I think I will give this a go, so throw me a letter 🙂

June 5, 2006 at 11:37 am

Yeah we have the same rule here about seatbelts so it’s a good thing I smartened up. I will try real Sushi someday and will post about it when I do :cheesy:

4. Gary

June 5, 2006 at 1:33 pm

I used to drive around a lot without a seatbelt until I got a ticket for not wearing one. That cured me.

June 5, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Gary – That will do it.

6. duane

June 5, 2006 at 2:16 pm

for the sushi, you must get over the “ew!!! not that!” and trust me on one thing; you will be glad you did: Unagi. It is smoked eel on rice. It is probably the closest thing to heaven you ever going to actually get. It is awesome. after that, you can try anything, because you won’t be grossed out by the sight anymore… at least, it worked for me!!!

I love sushi, but it is definitely an acquired taste… if you like the California roll, try something new each time you go, you may find you like A LOT of different kinds!!!

June 5, 2006 at 2:22 pm

duane – first when you said “unagi” I thought of Ross on Friends and the “salmon spring roll” :lmao: and second I get them in a little container at the grocery store. I think I need to go to an actual restaurant.

8. Chris

June 5, 2006 at 2:34 pm

I have never had sushi before. The idea of it freaks me out.

9. Gary

June 5, 2006 at 9:06 pm

Just saw the house and left a comment.

10. Lisa

June 6, 2006 at 5:07 am

What fabulous answers Robin. Really relate to the singing, and I love sushi too! Unfortunately I love the smoked salmon/avocado variety, and have discovered a few years ago that I’ve become allergic to avocado, so that went out the window lol

Am loving that you wear your seatbelt every time you’re in a car now…that’s great to read 🙂

June 6, 2006 at 6:56 am

Thanks for stopping by Lisa, sorry about the avocado. I know I’d hate to give up a food I like…wait yeah I should have sugar.

12. Gemini

June 6, 2006 at 6:57 am

I would love to try Sushi but alas…. I can’t I am allergic to Most of the raw things it is made of… :sob: I will have to live Vicariously through you… lol

Ok Throw me a letter… :hyper:

June 6, 2006 at 7:02 am

You could probably have the vegitable california rolls but then that really isn’t sushi I suppose. It would only be rice, seaweed and avocado or whatever…still yummy though :thumbsup:

14. Ethel

June 6, 2006 at 8:53 pm

Love your list! I’ve always wanted a Lloyd seranade as well. I’ll take a letter! I’m in a little blog funk – perhaps it will help!

June 6, 2006 at 8:55 pm

Thanks Ethel…something like this is always good for a blogging funk.

16. Melissa

June 7, 2006 at 2:09 am

Great list! I love shopping, too.