Unrealistic Apologies

I can’t explain it but when I’m hanging around some people I feel this need to apologize for how much weight I’ve gained, like I assume it’s bothering them. I can’t help but feel guilty for my weight and that I owe some kind of explanation.

I told this to Erik as we headed back to the place we were going to stay for the night and obviously he said that was completely rediculous. I know it’s rediculous but this is something I honestly think about in certain groups of people.

I really need more therapy.

1. Tara

May 29, 2006 at 9:56 am

I totally know what you mean. This happens to me around one person, and so much so, that I usually cancel plans with this person at the last minute to avoid the feeling.

It’s not ridiculous. I don’t think so anyway.

May 29, 2006 at 10:01 am

Glad I’m not alone.

My personal feelings aren’t rediculous of course but it’s a bit rediculous to feel the need to apologize for your weight :dunno:

3. musings

May 29, 2006 at 10:40 am

when i was overweight, i never felt the need to apologise, but i did feel guilty. guilty somehow that i had let anyone down. past a certain weight, i was so in denial of it, as soon as i would lose the obligatory one or two pounds of water from pms…i would tell myself that i was doing well.

nothing surrounding weight or our own well-being, no matter how odd it may sound to others, is ridiculous.

4. Gemini

May 30, 2006 at 12:26 pm

:heartbeat: I hope that you never feel that way with me!

May 30, 2006 at 12:28 pm

I feel that way with everyone unfortunately, even Erik sometimes.

6. Maureen

May 30, 2006 at 1:02 pm

I think that the only one that I feel that way with is my husband. And, he feels the same way with me sometimes, too. I know it feels good when he lets me know he doesn’t care about my weight (besides having health concerns about it). I let him know, too.

It’s really not anyone else’s business.

7. Gemini

May 31, 2006 at 11:17 am

Well you never have to apologize to me about the way you look or feel… I love you just the way you are!

SIL :heartbeat: