The Norwegian Dream

My parents leave for a cruise tomorrow and here is where they are going to visit:

Berlin Tallinn, Estonia
St. Petersburg, Russia
Helsinki, Finland
Stockholm Sweden
Copenhagen, Denmark
London

I love how much they travel and I hope over the years we too can afford to travel a lot. That’s one of the reasons if I ever have children I want to wait so I can do some traveling.

My mom didn’t have me until 30 and my brother until 37 and they traveled everywhere in their twenties. Hell, they even brought me to Spain when I was 6 and even my brother was in my mom’s tummy at the time.

I guess we all have the things that really excite us. I doubt I’ll travel as much as they did, I don’t have that many places I want to see.

They’ll be gone for 17 days. Last time they went to Egypt. I admire them for all they’ve done with their lives and how much of the world they’ve seen.

1. Maureen

May 10, 2006 at 11:13 am

How cool! I can’t wait til the kids are grown so that DH & I can start travelling & I can take him to all the places that I went to in my single 20’s (and we can go, together, to some of the places neither of us has been).

I’d also like to bring the kids to exotic places, when they’re old enough to appreciate it. But, I don’t think we could afford all of the airfare.

I’m going to encourage all of the kids to do what I did – travel while still young & single – see the world while they can & while they can afford it.

May 10, 2006 at 11:15 am

Good!

I still wish I’d traveled more when I had almost no responsibilities.

3. Cinthia

May 10, 2006 at 12:16 pm

Oh my goodness! Your parents are so fortunate. It’s always been a dream of mine to visit Egypt.

4. Krayzee Chickadee

May 10, 2006 at 2:53 pm

I hope they have a wonderful time! Someday we will travel to someplace other than t-town for vacation. Takes moolah though….

5. Gary

May 10, 2006 at 10:46 pm

They went to Egypt? Do they know how to walk like an Egyptian?

I would be afraid to go on a cruise. It’s very hard for me to pass up free food. I would be eating nonstop the whole time.

6. Chris

May 11, 2006 at 5:00 am

My mum and dad did the Norway thing, they really loved the fjords, and looking at the pictures – everything is so beautifully coloured and the water so smooth.

I’m not a big traveller but I do love to see all the different places – whether it is in person or just through photographs.

7. sharlet

May 14, 2006 at 12:06 am

Wow, your parents are lucky that they are still together and in good health. My parents used to travel a lot too, then my dad died, and my mum has Alzheimer’s now. She’s only in her 50s. These days we don’t allow her to go anywhere unless someone can go with her.