All relationships are different

Well Erik and his mom worked out their differences as they always do. Now if they could just find a way not to piss each other off like this every few months that would be even better :rolleyes:

She says she wasn’t “freaking out” as I stated to her in a to-the-point kind of email but I tell if you that isn’t freaking out I’d hate to see her when she is.

Let me explain a few simple things to you:

1. When your son doesn’t call you for a few weeks that doesn’t mean the next thing to assume is he’s dead. If he’s dead you’ll be one of the first to know.
  2. We’ve all heard enough about you wanting to be a grandmother, it’s not a right so let us live our lives. If it happens it happens, if not you will have to find a way to accept that.
  3. Do not contact me when you can’t find your son, I’m not his secretary.

I love you MIL but there must be a better way for us all to function than this way. I guess though all relationships are different and who am I to change it? It just drives me up a wall!

p.s. I have a dentist appointment today :OÂÂ I really shouldn’t have listened to the A Million Little Pieces audio book last week.
Oh and to the rest of you…please check out my new renter. I went with a photoblog this time and it’s a really good one. I kept thinking I needed a photoblog to my blogroll.

1. Gemini

May 3, 2006 at 7:38 am

YEAH I second the GRANDMOTHER THING!

If by some swing of fate we can not reproduce what is she going to do then? How is she going to feel then with all of the asking she does now?

It isn’t fair that she was dealt a raw deal with her first grandchild. But that was not either of our faults so we shouldn’t have to feel guilty because we don’t reproduce just so she can have a relationship with a grandchild.

Sorry MIL but when I feel that I am ready I will do it but not before then.

2. Gary

May 3, 2006 at 7:54 am

Difficult people come in all shapes and sizes. It sounds like there is definately one in her shape and size. Good luck with her.

May 3, 2006 at 8:43 am

Gemini – you tell her. I am proud of you for not sucumbing to what society wants from you and following your heart…it’s brave. Once we marry we are expected to reproduce and you know it’s not for everyone.

Gary – So true, so true.

4. Gemini

May 3, 2006 at 8:48 am

Thanks I am sure that I will catch shit for this but I don’t care… I just want to do what feels comfortable for K and I… and right now Kids is not one of them…

She just needs to calm down… 😕

5. Blueyes

May 3, 2006 at 10:22 pm

Well hopefully she does not get uptight about it all and understands where you are coming from. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with MIL’s, I got enough problems with a BIL 😕

ps I LOVE photoblogs :mrgreen:

6. Maureen

May 4, 2006 at 11:55 am

I’m glad you spoke your mind to her and that they have reconciled (for now). There is a fine line between ‘respecting your elders’ and ‘letting them act crazy to you’.

May 4, 2006 at 11:58 am

So true Maureen, here’s hoping something sunk in this time. Life is too short.

8. Gemini

May 4, 2006 at 12:39 pm

As an adult I have learned that Respect is a 2 way street… You need to give to get.

She also needs to find the boundaries that pertain to personnel and mental space. Because she is constantly invading Erik’s space.