If you are worthy

This is dedicated to Zipper who had to leave us last night.  Turns out he was very sick with cancer and SIL and BIL had to say goodbye.  BIL had raised him since he first got him 14 years ago and they had a very sweet relationship.  Zipper had a wonderful life full of a lot of love.  Zipper’s brother Sigmund is taking this very hard as well, last I heard he was searching for his brother.  It’s hard to imagine losing anyone so close to you and I can’t believe I won’t see Zipper next time I visit them.  I heard last week that Zipper killed a mouse in the house, I’m glad he went out on a high note 😀

If you are worthy of its affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave.

— Theophile Gautier

1. Gemini

April 28, 2006 at 7:28 am

I love you Dork! 😥

2. Blueyes

April 28, 2006 at 8:04 am

It’s always sad to loose a pet you’ve had for so long. He’s in a better place now though from any pain he might’ve gotten from the cancer.

April 28, 2006 at 8:37 am

Love you too dork.

I may not understand much but I understand the love of a pet. Erik and I have both cried for little Zipper and I know he’s chasing mice up in kitty heaven with Baby and Keyser 😥

4. Gemini

April 28, 2006 at 11:56 am

I know… My aunt Karen is taking care of them for us! She was a true cat person!

🙂

5. Sarah

April 28, 2006 at 12:16 pm

Oh, that is very sad. My sympathies. My cat Jane died last summer at 19. I cried for days. It means a lot because they are there one day, and then you walk around the house and something is always missing.

April 28, 2006 at 12:20 pm

When my furbaby was hit by a car a few years ago it was devestating, more than I thought it would be. I cried for my baby, my friend and a sweet little being. Sadly I had to find him on the side of the road and that image will never leave my mind.

Sarah – I’m sorry for your loss as well. Yes the hardest part is that it feels like something is missing and you feel a little empty because of it. I remember when Keyser died everyday for a while I would look at my door expecting him to walk into the room, meow and curl up with me.