Bras shmas

Bras are a serious pain in my ass, not literally of course, that would be weird.

I feel like I’m always having to buy new bras because the ones I have always break.

I thought it was because maybe I was getting the wrong size so last time I went to a store I got measured. Low and behold I had been buying the right size all this time but to be on the safe side I bought a size bigger.

Now one of my newer bras is breaking. The two places it usually breaks for me is either the underwire starts popping out and jabbing me in the boob or one of the snaps gets stretched out so it won’t clasp anymore.

Dammit! What do I have to do to get a decent bra to last? I swear man created these contraptions just to irritate us.

Erik says there just isn’t a bra to handle my magnificent breasts :mrgreen:

1. T.

April 28, 2006 at 9:24 pm

I cannot begin to tell you how horrible my bra search is. They’re all padded and I HATE padded bras. Grrrrrr. This is why I went without one today.

April 28, 2006 at 9:27 pm

I miss the days when I was a B cup and could go without a bra 🙁

3. Junebugg

April 29, 2006 at 4:24 am

I know what you mean about the underwire. I’m “blessed” (yeah, right :evil:) and finding one that fits is a bitch, then the freaking thing breaks. I just poke it back in and darn the hole with needle and thread. I think it’s because I wash them in a dryer. One of my friends hand washes hers and hangs them out to dry. I don’t have time for all that!

April 29, 2006 at 7:09 am

Hey Junebug – I left mine in the dryer too long once and I swear they melted. Yes, I melted a bra once 😆

It’s the little hooks in the back that are pissing me off the most lately.

5. Blueyes

April 29, 2006 at 3:14 pm

Oddly enough I just mended a brand new bra that did the same thing with the underwire poking out. It’s never happened before on this particular brand so I was a bit miffed. But eventually I end up breaking the “wire” part which is sometimes plastic if your not careful on which you pick up and have to get more. And padded bras are the WORST…never have I seen so many and I don’t need any padding.

6. gemini

April 29, 2006 at 9:45 pm

LOL I hate when that happens! I have the same problem… the thing I hate the most is that my bra straps keep falling down. It is so frustrating to have to pull them up every few moments. Blah!

Oh and thanks for your help today with my blog! Your the best!

gemini

7. Jessika

April 30, 2006 at 11:38 am

I had that same problem. It’s even harder now as n the past 8 years I went from a C cup to a F cup. I found to make them last longer (for those who don’t have time to hand wash like Carrie does in sex in the city) to wash them in the gentle cycle. Even without the bra bags it makes mine last a bit longer. Even if you have to go to a laundry mat it is worth it.

April 30, 2006 at 1:52 pm

I will keep that in mind, thanks Jessika.