Thirteen Movies That Changed My Life
1. Goonies – it was the first movie I probably ever obsessed over and the first time I ever had a crush on a movie character (Mikey).
2. Dutch – I fell madly in love with Ethan Randall/Embry from that movie and it was my life for a long time.
3. The Usual Suspects – I saw this in 1996 and I honestly didn’t know a movie blow me away like that. I watched it a second time right afterwards in complete awe.
4. The Breakfast Club – I think I must have seen this movie at just the right time because it really hit a cord with me and somehow made me feel better. I think I still can recite the dialogue while watching it. Oh and I used to have a mad crush on Emilio Estevez.
5. Say Anything – I just adored Lloyd and wanted to find a Lloyd one day for myself. Luckily I found one 😀
6. Tommy Boy – I did not want to see this movie, I was too good for this movie. I laughed my fucking ass off watching this movie.
7. Donnie Darko – It was different and it was complicated. It also brought Jake into my life for good 😉
8. Schindler’s List – It really made the Holocaust real to me and very personal. I always sing the song with them at the end that I learned in private school.
9. Noises Off – I’m not sure I’ve ever laughed so much as when I watched this movie and I think most people haven’t seen it. I need to watch it again to see if it has the same effect.
10. The Accused – I watched it with my parents when I was 12, like I did a lot of movies over the years, and had nightmares for 2 weeks because of the graphic gang rape scene.
11. Night of the Creeps – Those slug-like alien things scared the bejesus out of me, I mean chills up my spine and cold sweats terrified.
12. Stand By Me – I have a bizarre fear of people throwing up (the act itself not the vomit) and leaches because of that movie. To this day I cannot watch the vomit scene, I will close my eyes or leave the room. If there is someone throwing up on screen now I will likely scream and start humming to myself.
13. American Beauty – I was a big fan of Kevin Spacey already but never had he been so fantastic on screen to the point where I simply couldn’t take my eyes off him. I saw this movie in the theater five times and make it a point to watch it every few months. The colors, the emotion, the music and the goose bumps it gave me (and I still get). At the end of the movie everytime he ends that speech with “but someday you will” I just get filled with this immense feeling I cannot describe. The screen then goes dark and I can’t help but give a standing ovation even if I’m alone.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Ardice Debi hterry Karen Philosiphical Karen KT Cat Tracy DebbieÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ GingerÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ LifeCruiser
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants