That Something About Me

Last weekend due to a minor issue Manly Man and I had he explained to me Sunday night, in his defense, that I have this “something” about me. This “something” is somewhere along the lines of flirtation but apparently not obvious to everyone and not intentional. I might just think this was Manly Man’s excuse for getting upset at how friendly I was with one of my friend’s boyfriends but I’ve actually heard this before.

As Manly Manstarted on his explanation he wanted to make sure I “wouldn’t let this go to your head” but come on, how often does that happen? I could probably use a dose of an ego boost from time to time. He said that I just have this unexplainable “something” about me and that sometimes it’s intimidating. While it’s hard to ever imagine me to be intimidating I find it flattering I have some sort of “something” that gets guys attention from time to time.

He went on to say that no matter how I looked, which he included I just happened to be incredibly beautiful, I would still have this “something” working for me. I can’t remember the first time someone told me about this power of mine but I honestly thought I’d somehow lost it over the years.

I just wish someone could really explain what this “something” is for once, I’d really like to know.

1. heather(anne)

April 11, 2006 at 10:37 am

Well, if you’re going to have a “thing”, that would be the one to have.

My husband is very flirty too. He attracts attention from girls because of his flirty ways. One of my co-workers was convinced that he wanted her. For him, it’s because he’s very friendly, helpful and funny. He’s the one at all the parties doing card tricks, magic tricks and making everyone laugh. I love him for it, but sometimes it drives me nuts.

Hey, at least you know you still got it!

April 11, 2006 at 10:41 am

Mind you, I think it only comes out when I’ve had some drinks…otherwise I can be pretty shy and nervous.

3. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 10:53 am

It’s virtually unexplainable, Robin. Sorry I can’t be of more help, but I’ve been under your spell before. It certainly is intensified by alcohol, but friendliness is always confused for flirting no matter what in those situations. Maybe it’s a look, or a gesture or a body movement, or just the way you talk. So that thing, I guess it will never go away because its just how you are. To rid yourself of this thing would change your personality.

4. Brian

April 11, 2006 at 10:57 am

I think Seinfeld explained it best (aka everything youo need to know you can find in re-runs). That “thing” is called the Kavorka, you have the female version of it, read-on and learn….

Kramer: Um, you wanted to see me Father?

Father-priest: Yes. Please, sit down. Sister Roberta came to see me yesterday.

Kramer: I know what this is about Father. I didn’t do anything. I just spoke to her innocently for just a few minutes. It’s just that, that I have this power.

Father-priest: Yes. Kavorka.

Kramer: Kavorka?

Father-priest: It is a Latvian word which means “the lure of the animal”.

Kramer: I don’t understand.

Father-priest: Women are drawn to you. They would give anything to be possessed by you.

Kramer: Help me Father. Help me.

Father-priest: Yes, yes I will help you. Listen very carefully. I want you to buy ten cloves of garlic, three quarts of vinegar, six ounces…

The hallway by Jerry’s apartment.

Jerry: What is that stench? I got it. (He follows the smell to Kramer’s door) Ah hah.

*knock, knock, knock*

Kramer opens his door. He is wearing a ring of garlics around his neck.

Kramer: Hey.

Jerry: Hey. What are you doing?

Kramer: I’ve got the Kavorka Jerry.

Jerry: The Kavorka? What’s that?

Kramer: The lure of the animal. I’m dangerous.

5. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 10:58 am

ah yes, The kavorka….that’s it!

April 11, 2006 at 11:05 am

Kavorka! 😆

I guess I have a name for it then but I wouldn’t say I was irresistable to the opposite sex or anything 😆 Who would have thought Seindfeld would ever explain anything for me 😀

Sean – Thanks for that…it’s nice to hear. I’m glad to know I still got it 😀

7. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 11:19 am

Isn’t it? My wife tells me I’ve still got it all the time!! 😉

April 11, 2006 at 11:21 am

Yeah Sean, you definitely have it. Are you going to teach this to your sons?

9. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 11:26 am

Oh I definitely have it? Flattery will get you everywhere! well thank you! I won’t have to teach my sons, they are born with it!

April 11, 2006 at 11:28 am

Of course you do. We were talking the other night (A and I) about the night I met you and what a great dancer you were and all.

If your sons have your eyes, your kavorka AND they can dance well all the ladies are in trouble 😉

11. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 11:36 am

How is A? Dylan has my color eyes, and already works the kavorka with all the little girls at daycare and women wherever we go. You should have seen him when we were in Florida a couple of weeks ago!

April 11, 2006 at 11:38 am

A is good, living near Boston.

Well then your wife certainly has her work cut out for her doesn’t she?

13. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 11:50 am

great….tell her I said hello and give her my e-mail address or something…tell her to keep in touch.

Melinda will have 3 boys!!

April 11, 2006 at 11:52 am

Please give the wife my condolences. Sure I’ll pass it on.

15. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 12:34 pm

She wanted boys rather than having a girl that will turn out like her!

April 11, 2006 at 12:36 pm

You guys are too funny 😆

17. Sean

April 11, 2006 at 12:38 pm

thank you! 🙂

18. Seen it too

August 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm

It’s like the “it” factor, and it’s not all about looks, how you see some performers have stage presence where others don’t, it’s something compelling from within. It’s not always present, there needs to be either an awareness of it in yourself to be able to flick the switch or the right conditions in your environment to feed into to provoke it. As a side note studies have been done on hormones (ie when women are ovulating) and they found women’s behavior changes slightly sending out subtle signals through changes in dress and behavior.

(My background, more than a decade as a burlesque showgirl, the subject comes up on a regular basis in the industry).

September 2, 2014 at 11:17 am

Such an interesting subject and really cool you found this really old post of mine.