Don’t call me honey

Generally I’d rather only one person call me honey and that’s the guy I call honey as well. When someone on the other end of the phone calls me “honey” in a condescending way it makes my blood boil. I’d rather you just tell me off than go all passive-aggressive on me and call me honey.

I’m sorry you probably hate your job and I’m only causing you grief but I’m trying to do my job. I’m talking to you in a professional manner and just asking you to try to get me the information I was supposed to get today.

I love how she tried to turn it all around me like I was incompetent but we don’t have the information we should and I did what I was supposed to do from my end. So honey, learn to do YOUR job.

I hate when I have to be professional even when the other person isn’t. I guess it’s called “rising above it” or whatever but it blows.

1. duane

February 8, 2006 at 12:23 am

You should pull a “dane cook” on him, and follow his honey up with, “gaylord”. See where that gets ya!

2. Crystal

February 8, 2006 at 6:30 am

gah… my new teacher calls everyone honey and deary. I feel like I’m paying $11k to get a 3rd grandmother.

3. anivyl

February 8, 2006 at 7:27 am

lol… my customers calls me “love”, “darl”, and every other loving expression that you can think of, although not many in a condescending tone. it does sucks when it makes you want to hit them in the head, but you can’t because of, oh, professionalism…

February 8, 2006 at 8:56 am

Gaylord 😆

Professionalism shmessionalism 😛

5. Blueyes

February 9, 2006 at 3:16 pm

Heh, my boss calls me “darlin”, sometimes it drives me insane because he thinks I’m one of his kids at times. I’ve also been called “honey”, “sweety” and “doll” ….hate em all. The one that irks me the most is “sweety” though, dunno why but it just rakes my nerves.

February 15, 2006 at 6:17 pm

It was the tone she used though…condescending.