Oh Ewan…no

Ewan McGregor is one of my favorite men (ie. movie stars, celebs) but I am just crushed by the tattoo he got.  Now I’m all for tattoos and I think it’s sweet he got his wife and 2 daughters as a tattoo but I think he went a little overboard.  I mean it’s just SO big and SO much.  I’m worried that this may move Ewan down a few spots on my Top 5 Celeb Men.

gdrehearseohmy5

Also don’t forget to check out my new renter, I’ve been checking out her blog for a while now and she’s a good read.

1. Gary

January 20, 2006 at 4:02 pm

I definately prefer small tattoos over large ones.

2. duane

January 20, 2006 at 8:50 pm

I think that it is cool that he got what he really wanted. I love tattoos, and ones that have meaning are even more cool. I am going to design one for myself soon, and while it will probably be the biggest one that I have, it isn’t going to be THAT big!

3. Jennifer

January 20, 2006 at 9:08 pm

Mmm…that is one giant tattoo. MEEP! Maybe if he’d gotten it in a less conspicuous area? Not sure. Maybe he could keep his shirt on when we’re out on our dates. 😛

4. Kery

January 21, 2006 at 3:24 am

Hmm, I don’t find it very pretty myself, I admit. It’s not that I dislike large tattoos (some of them can be really magnificient), but indeed, this one leans too much on the… ‘too much side’?

January 21, 2006 at 8:11 am

I think it’s all about simplicity. I have a big tattoo in the middle of my back but it’s all black and just a design.

Duane – I love the idea of the tattoo…I’ve wanted to get Erik’s name in Chinese but I’m not sure Erik could handle it. I just think Ewan went a little overboard…maybe he could have not made it SO colorful or SO big. I mean it looks like a cartoon or something!

I’m the last one to say anything about tattoos but I’m not a fan of tattoos with a lot of color. I just think it’s too much.

6. Gemini

January 21, 2006 at 6:30 pm

I dont care that he has a tat! as long as he will um Free the tiger!! 😉

hehe

January 21, 2006 at 6:33 pm

I just don’t like anything to deter me from staring at his body.

8. Gemini

January 21, 2006 at 7:05 pm

Dude!!!

The Force is with him!!!!

LOL I have to tell you I will not be staring at the tattoo if he were standing infront of me with no cloths on…

As a matter of fact the tattoo would be the last thing on my mind!!!

😆

9. FyreGoddess

January 21, 2006 at 9:44 pm

I’m sorry, I don’t care how much in love you are or how long you’ve been together, you simply *do not* get your partner’s name tattooed on your body.

Rules for when names are ok in tattoos:

1) Parent or child. They will always be your parent or child. Nothing will change that.

2) Someone deceased. It can be a nice way to hold onto their memory.

That’s it. Most of the time, getting your partner’s name tattooed on your body is a surefire way to end the relationship… so, you know, if you’re holding out hope for Ewan, then I suppose you could look at this as a good thing 😉

I’m still sitting here shaking my finger at him over this.

January 22, 2006 at 8:54 am

FyreGoddess – true…true.

11. sHa shinizzle

January 23, 2006 at 6:18 am

I second that!
    and it also called – relationship suicide. come on, how many Hollywood stars get that sort of tattoo’s done and in the end, the relationship doesnt last? I can think a few name – Johnny Depp-Wynona Ryder, Angelina Jolie-Billy ‘something’…

plus it is sooo not cool. especially when it’s THAT big!