I had a nightmare

A baby nightmare.

I had a dream that I had a baby.

I’ve had these kinds of dreams from time to time throughout my twenties but I hadn’t had one for years (since being with Erik) and suddenly last night I had one.  Is it my stupid maternal clock or something going off against my personal wishes?  I mean I was really pregnant and even gave birth.  I felt pain and I felt excitement.

Sometimes these feelings, these dreams, make me wonder if it’s really something I want but am just too scared to address or if it’s just a natural part of being female.

—-

on another note my site or admin panel was down for a while this morning which is why I’m late getting on.  Off to my usual Housewife Saturday.

1. charles

January 7, 2006 at 7:01 pm

found this blog through bloggyawards and i say you really got a fantastic ambiance and neat design

2. Gary

January 7, 2006 at 9:36 pm

I read somewhere that dreams are usually based on things that were consciously on a persons mind that day, not the unconscious mind. I think it can be tempting to try to analyze dreams, but I try to avoid it because how would you even know if you were interpreting it right?

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

January 8, 2006 at 8:37 am

I’ve analyzed dreams from time to time. I think I may look up this whole baby thing, I’ve had one too many dreams.

4. Maureen

January 9, 2006 at 11:27 am

I’ve took a few dream analysis courses in my time 😀 And, the big thing that I came away with is that each ‘symbol’ may have a common interpretation, but that doesn’t mean that it will *always* mean the same thing to every person. Each symbol has it’s own meaning in the dreamer’s mind & life.

The *common* meaning when dreaming of babies can either be the obvious – or – it could be the ‘birth’ of anything – a new idea, a new direction in your life, etc.

January 9, 2006 at 11:29 am

Now a new direction would definitely make sense. Thanks Maureen.

6. Sean

January 9, 2006 at 1:30 pm

It may mean the opposite….like you really don’t want to have kids.

January 9, 2006 at 1:31 pm

I like that idea Sean, although I don’t get why I was so happy in the dream. Although it had a strange feeling to it. There was a part when I went to go see my baby and my baby was in this closed box in that room where they keep newborns and I couldn’t look at it. Maybe I’ll bring it up in therapy tonight.

8. Sean

January 9, 2006 at 1:59 pm

that’s interesting….get back to me after you speak to your therapist. I was thinking along the lines of dreams that your significant other is cheating….usually means they are not and that they are completely in love with you, etc. etc. Maybe its like that with dreams where you’re having a baby.