A Visit From My Brother

So if you remember my post on the presentation from my brother what it was actually about was he was trying to sell vacuums. He’s 21 and still trying to figure out what to do with his life so even though I told him there was no way I’d be buying a vacuum I would check it out anyway.

It was an impressive vacuum I have to admit but what was really nice was to have dinner and talk with him a little. It’s weird having no relationship with my brother but I guess this is something at least.

1. Angel

December 20, 2005 at 8:32 am

Robin, that’s what makes them special to us. Me and my siblings, we have a bond that even our parents don’t understand. The three of us have unique relationship with our parents. I guess it’s part of being the family 🙂

December 20, 2005 at 8:41 am

That’s the thing we really don’t have a bond at all. Maybe I’ll go into our relationship more in another post.

3. David W. Boles

December 20, 2005 at 10:55 am

Dear Robin —

I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

Will you make me dinner so I can come over and you can check it out?

:mrgreen:

December 20, 2005 at 11:44 am

😆 touche

I have to say it was awkward though, we didn’t know what to really say to each other. I kept trying to ask him questions but never got much out of him. I guess I’ll just keep trying. He’s actually coming to my Chrismakah party on friday for family which should be interesting…I’m curious if my MIL will scare him away 😯

5. David W. Boles

December 20, 2005 at 12:34 pm

It’s a difficult thing, Robin. It’s good you’re just being laid-back about it and hoping for the best. That way no one feels any threat to become closer than they wish.

December 20, 2005 at 1:09 pm

Well the whole thing is still a little strange to me so I’m probably just as unsure about it all as he is. The last time we really had a conversation we were yelling back and forth furiously (which we’d never really done either) and he said we would never have a real relationship this way. I think a big part of it is our age difference…7 years.