The Clubbing Days

Thanks to the great new show How I Met Your Mother I was reminded of the good ol clubbing days. How you could never hear anything in the club so you had to almost do sign language to communicate or talk between the thumping of the base. They had this all on the most recent episode and I kept saying “Oh I’ve been there!”

Oh and what how you’ll be dancing with your back to someone on the dance floor so you have to get one of your friends to let you know if he’s cute or not. You got to love when you are yelling to someone right in front of you and the music suddenly stops and you are saying “I nearly shit myself!” Yes, clubbing is a classy thing.

1. Maureen

December 13, 2005 at 11:17 am

They Might Be Giants has a song about teh whole club scene. It’s called ‘Man, it’s so loud in here’. You can actually listen to it here: http://webjay.org/iteminfo/680635/0401b7f568fc6ae90970a0e80e8a0634 !

December 13, 2005 at 1:05 pm

Oh cool! I’ll have to do that at home.

3. J.D.

December 13, 2005 at 2:19 pm

That show is awesome. I found it by accident a few weeks ago, and have been watching it since. Neil Patrick Harris does a fantastic job on the show. I think he’s really coming into his own now, and getting out from his ‘Doogie’ shadow.

4. Lushy

December 13, 2005 at 6:16 pm

I was going to post about that show today because I laughed my ass off. I loved that the girl just kept nodding her head because she couldn’t hear what the other guy was saying. I’ve gotten myself into a LOT of trouble for doing that when I couldn’t hear. Then the taxi ride home made me crack up. I mocked that show based on the commercial, but I will be watching it again.

December 13, 2005 at 6:58 pm

He’s definitely what really makes the show…although it’s a really great ensamble.

December 13, 2005 at 7:06 pm

Lushy just about everything that happened at the club and in the cab has happened to me. Also the talking really loudly because your hearing is shot 😆 That show really shows me what a moron I looked like back then.