Breaking Down the Wish List

As you may know I have an Amazon Wish List link on the right panel of my blog. I’m ok with this since it’s not me saying to the world out there “hey please buy me something” but I guess I just assume people would already know that. I started this Wish List for my family and friends if they wanted to get me a present for my birthday or holiday they’d at least know some ideas to help them.

To my family…it would help me out a LOT if you guys had one so I don’t live in fear I’ll get you some crap gift you have no need for.

So is having a Wish List tacky or helpful or a little of both? I think I wanted to link it to my blog because I felt a little silly sending it out by email.

1. Angel

November 27, 2005 at 12:36 pm

I think it’s ok to have a wishlist on your blog because you are not blogging about it and say, look at my wishlist.. get me something please. I have had thoughts about putting up a wishlist on my blog some time ago, and still thinking about it. I just don’t want some of my friends to get a wrong idea about the wishlist for some reasons.

November 27, 2005 at 12:39 pm

Nobody has ever really said anything about it so I’m guessing nobody had any major problems with it.

3. David W. Boles

November 27, 2005 at 3:49 pm

Why would you put up a Wish List if you didn’t hope your visitors would purchase something for you?

November 27, 2005 at 3:51 pm

Unless it was unconscious I swear it was only intended for family and close friends. I think I was hoping they might start one to make my life easier but then I have a hard enough time getting them to come to my blog at all much less a wish list. I think most of the links on my blog are mainly pointless.

5. David W. Boles

November 27, 2005 at 3:53 pm

Well, there’s nothing quite as exciting as pointless links, Robin.
    :mrgreen:

November 27, 2005 at 3:54 pm

I’m always adding links that I forget I have and then down the line I get rid of them. If I tried to figure out why I do a lot of the pointless things I do well I’d probably have less time to do pointless things 😆

7. David W. Boles

November 27, 2005 at 3:57 pm

I think we’ve already told you today that your being impossible is part of your charm, right? 😆

8. David W. Boles

November 27, 2005 at 3:59 pm

Hey! You installed the Related Posts Plugin! You know that’s why I popped over here, right? So I could see how fast you’d install it. 😀

November 27, 2005 at 4:01 pm

I swear David, you are like the big brother I never wanted 😛 I look forward to a post on your blog someday called The Impossible Charm of Robin :mrgreen:

10. David W. Boles

November 27, 2005 at 4:03 pm

You’re lucky you put the little green smiley man on that comment or I’D NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN!
    :mrgreen: