you know you are from massachusetts if
Editing to add my opinions like Geeky Dragon Girl cause she’s super cool and stuff.
* You think crosswalks are for wimps. – I sometimes use crosswalks but don’t have much against those who use them
* You think if someone is nice to you they either want something or they are from out of town and lost. – Yes.
* You know how to cross four lanes of traffic in five seconds. – Oh boy, I think I crossed a couple lanes in one swoop today.
* You think it’s not actually tailgating unless you’re touching the bumper of the car in front of you. – Pretty much.
* You know that a yellow light means that at least five more people can get through and a red one means two more can. – Yes for the yellow but I don’t fuck with red lights.
* The public transportation system is known as the “T” and you’d rather drive in bumper to bumper traffic for 4 hours to get to Boston than be caught dead on the “orange line”. – Oh I HATE the Orange Line, it’s disgusting :yuck:
* You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house. – Probably and my house is pretty inexpensive.
* Subway is a fast food place. – Yup and they have great bread and honey mustard sauce.
* There are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 15 minutes of your house and that is how you give directions. – Actually this is very true.
* When people talk about “The Curse Of The Bambino” you know what they’re talking about and used to believe it, too. – Not really, not a sports fan.Ã‚Â And I only learned about The Bambino a few years ago.
* You believe using your turn signals gives away your plan to the enemy. – Sometimes…yeah.
* If you stay on the same road long enough it eventually has three different names. – :lmfao:
* Someone has honked at you because you didn’t peel out the second the light turned green. – Yep.
* You have honked at someone because they didn’t peel out the second the light turned green. – :blush:
* All the potholes just add to the excitement of driving. – Erik thinks I hit them on purpose.
* Stop signs mean slow down a little, but only of you want to. – I actually got pulled over once for treating a stop sign like a yield.
* Six inches of snow is considered a dusting. – Yep!
* Three days of 90 degree heat is definitely a “heat wave”. – Hell yeah!
* 53 degrees is “on the warm side” – That’s a nice warm day.
* You’ve walked to Brighams for an ice cream cone “to go”, in the snow! – Actually I think I have.
* You cringe every time you hear some actor/actress imitate the “Boston Accent”
on TV or in a movie; if you don’t have it then you’re never going to get it even if you were born here. – Oh hell yes :rolleyes:
* At the ice cream shop you call chocolate sprinkles “jimmies”. – Yes!
* A Water fountain is called a Bubbler. Say it, “Bubbla”. – I say my ‘R’s’
* You can go from one side of town to the other in less than fifteen minutes and see at least fifteen losers you went to high school with doing the same thingthey were doing when you saw them last. – Not anymore but I used to…now I run into people from college.
* The person in front of you is going 70 MPH and you’re cursing them for going too slow. – ALL THE TIME!
* You know how to pronounce towns like Worcester, Haverhill, Peabody, Scituate, Chatham, and Leominster. – Mmmhmmm.
* You know what they sell at a “packie”. – Been there so many times!
* You have never been to Cheers. – Not even walked by it.
* You’ve slammed on your brakes to deter a tailgater. – Many times.
* You keep an ice scraper in your car all year round. – Actually I do.
* Paranoia sets in when you can’t see a Dunkin Donuts, ATM or CVS. – It really does, very scary.Ã‚Â This happened once when my friends and i were driving around during college and got lost.Ã‚Â We were out of our minds.
* You’ve pulled out of a side street and used your car to block oncoming traffic so you can make a left. – Yes but I hate doing it and avoid left turns.
* You’ve bragged about saving money at The Christmas Tree Shop (don’t cha just
love a bargin?). – Love that store!!
* You know what a “regular coffee” is! – Yes but I don’t get that kind.
* You can navigate a rotary without a problem. – I’m the master of rotarys.
* You feel the rest of the world needs to drive more like you. – Yes!Ã‚Â Please!Ã‚Â I’ll give instructions!
* When someone calls you a “Masshole” you take it as a compliment. – I kinda do.
* You use the words “wicked” “pissa” and “good” in the same sentence, and often in the same compound-adjective. – I use wicked more than the others and never used “pissa.”
* You know what a frappe is. – Yummmmm.
* Saint Patrick’s Day is your second favorite holiday…even when you’re not IRISH! – I am Irish and now I love the holiday although I don’t go out drinking.
* You drink tonic and would never consider using it on your hair. – Of course not…what the hell?
* You never say “Cape Cod”…… you say “The Cape”. – Pretty much or I call it the place I can never seem to get to.
* You went to Old Sturbridge Village and Plymouth Plantation at least once, in elementary school, but never to Bunker Hill. – yes although I went to Bunker Hill for a course one summer.
* You can drive to the mountains and the ocean all in one day. – Yep!
* You have a special place in your heart for the Worcester Firefighters. – I guess.
* You know the Mass Pike and 495 create some sort of strange weather dividing line. – They DO!!!
* You almost feel disappointed when someone doesn’t flip you off when you cut them off or steal their parking space. – :lmao: Yeah….
* You actually get all these jokes and pass them on!Ã‚Â :thumbsup: