Top 5 Movies
This question comes from Dee.
5. 10 Things I Hate About You
4. Fight Club
3. Donnie Darko
2. The Usual Suspects
1. American Beauty
5. 10 Things I Hate About You – I always change #5 because nothing has ever really lived up to the other 4 or maybe it’s just too early to think clearly. This is my favorite silly comedy but also romantic movie as well. I thought it was really smart and intelligent especially for the teen drama type. I’m not sure why I don’t own this yet.
4. Fight Club – Has any movie had cinematography so well done? The writing, the music, the directing…all perfection. The story was just great and something that was very new. Then we can’t forget Mr. Norton and Mr. Pitt…stellar.
3. Donnie Darko – Again, a new storyline…something we hadn’t really seen before. I think this movie was just so unique and clever that I just couldn’t get enough. That’s when I first noticed the Great Jake Gyllenhaal and I’ve been a fan ever since. Everytime I watch the movie I figure out another part of it I didn’t realize before. People are still trying to figure this movie out, I love that.
2. The Usual Suspects – I’ve always loved movies but this was the movie that really made me LOVE films. Not just great movies but films that go above and beyond what a regular movie is. I’d never noticed editing before but if you watch the scene where the “suspects” are being questioned you notice this amazing editing…I mean it blows me away everytime. The whole cast was just perfect and each character brought something new. Although the 2 best things about this movie were Kevin Spacey and the ending. I still find my heart pounding everytime I get to one of the best endings in all of film history.
1. American Beauty – The Usual Suspects was my favorite film of all time until this film came out. I hated to put TUS to #2 but it had to be done. This film was as close to perfect as I believe any film can be. While watching this movie I was in complete awe…I think my jaw was wide open throughout the whole thing. I couldn’t believe the genius. The script: unbelievable. I laughed, I cried, I was horrified and I was touched. Alan Ball is what I consider one of the best writers in the industry. Sam Mendes brought this film to life as the directorÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦IÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢m not sure what he did but he really pieced together every inch of this movie. Every prop and every moment has a reason. The actors: all of them were perfectly cast. It wouldnÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢t have been the same film without each and every one of them. Of course IÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢m partial to Mr. SpaceyÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦he gave me chills. Lastly another ending that moved me beyond comprehension. I saw this film 5 times in the theater.